How to Tint Your 2003 Malibu Car Windows Perfectly
Step 1 Objects
Locate all the objects you need to remove before removing panel.
- This is a 2003 Malibu.
- This will take 2 days so make sure you have the car for 2 days.
- Gather all the tool you need to remove the panel.
- Check online to see how dark you can tint your windows before you tint them ( Don't wanna get a ticket).
Look for anything that can be removed that is in the way of the panel. Procede to remove them.
Step 2 Remove panel.
On most cars you have to lift the panel up a little and pull. There will be little plastic hooks holding the panel to the door.
Step 3 Remove panel to safe place.
Remove all the plugs that are on the panel carefully. After you removed the entire door panel put it in a safe place ( You don't want to step on it or anything). And lower the window so you will have access to the bolts that hold the window in place.
Step 4 Unscrew the bolts.
After you have access to the bolts unscrew them carefully. Have some one else hold the window in place just in case.
Step 5 Remove the window.
Lift up the window out of the holding place. You might have to jiggle it around a bit and mess with it, but do it all with care you don't want to buy a new window.
Step 6 Wash window.
Wash it in a safe place like a tub ( I prefer indoors).
Step 7 Apply tint.
Follow the directions on the tint box. It is way easier to tint a window indoors in your bed. There will be no wind to mess up the tint ( I prefer to apply the tint all the way down he entire window). I always leave a little on the edge about 1/4 of an inch. If you try to trim it down to the window's edge the tint might move around.
Step 8 Trim.
Now after you have applied the tint and waited a day for it to set better. You can now trim it down to the edge of the window. Do it slowly so you wont make any mistakes.
Step 9 Reassemble door.
Put the window back ( Ask for help with it). Then the door panel and you will have a perfect window tint all the way to the edge of the window.
- Pull with care. You don't want to damage any parts.
- Ask for help when removing the window ( Don't want to drop it).
- This takes time, but you will have perfect windows.
- Make sure you don't roll down the windows that you tinted for 3 days ( It takes 2 weeks for the tint to set).