Just the other day, we featured Perry Watkins' "Wind Up" mini car, plus his extreme lowrider, the "Flatmobile". Both impressive.
But somehow I missed Watkins' most delightfully absurd vehicle. "FastFood" is a 130 mph Queen Anne dining room table, complete with the fine silver.
The New York Times reports:
"The 47-year-old's average speed in FastFood was judged at 113 m.p.h. as he twice circled the track, losing not so much as a napkin. His speed peaked at 130. He's awaiting the Guinness determination on his try.
'I'm a shoe repairer by trade'" Mr. Watkins said in a report on Worlds Fastest Furniture Web site. 'I just started off tinkering with bicycles, mopeds, bikes, and progressed to cars. I'm completely self taught.'
He said the table is capable of a top speed of 160 m.p.h. No specs on the coefficient of drag rating, although the teapots, the chicken and the dummy dinner guest — who looks a lot like the Stig from 'Top Gear' — probably don't help."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades