There's nothing wrong with driving an older car, but one problem that a lot of people run into is that as mobile devices get more advanced, it gets harder and harder to use them in vehicles made more than a few years ago. There are several ways around this, like installing a dash-mounted iPod Nano or putting a smartphone dock in your ashtray.
Redditor soccerplaya2090 decided to go a little bigger by mounting his Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus in his center console so he can use it to control his music. And what's even better? It can stream Pandora, display the weather forecast, and with Google Maps, it basically becomes a free GPS.
After removing the display area, he used Velcro to attach the plastic mount to the back of the tablet.
He also connected a wire to the amp switch so he can turn his subwoofer on and off from the driver's seat.
It's connected to a head unit with a single din receiver, which connects the charger to the USB port and the auxiliary cable to the headphone jack. When he starts the car, it automatically turns on WiFi so he can tether it to his phone, and he plans on adding another cigarette lighter power source to keep it charged up.
Check out his post on Reddit for more information and photos.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades