Forum Thread: How to Use Hyundai Tucson Smart Liftgate (Electric Tailgate) System

Trunk unlocking using hands-free smart electric tailgate system and a remote key in Hyundai Tucson (2015 – 2016 model, formerly known as ix35) in depth »how to« video.

You can open the trunk of your Hyundai Tucson in several ways.

When your hands are full you can use the hands-free smart liftgate system. The boot will open when the smart key is detected behind the car for 3 seconds.

This function will only work if the car is locked and you are having a smart key in your pocket or a handbag.

To unlock the trunk using a remote key press the liftgate button on the remote key for more than one second. The word "HOLD" is written on the button to remind you of that.

Of course you can open the trunk from the cabin using the button on the dash even when the car is running just don't forget to shift in park (P) position.

To close the boot simply press the close button.

Just one more information for all our friends living in cold and freezing conditions: the power liftgate may not work properly in such weather. So, don't panic or even try to open the trunk by force. Indulge your car with a warm garage.

1 Response

Thanks for posting this. I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out my wife's 2017 Santa Fe. Works great!

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active